eLeMenT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds

+2
Avallac'h
vega
6 posters

Go down

[Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds Empty [Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds

Post by vega Sat Mar 22 2014, 13:16

When trying some stuff out i remembered a fun thing i used to do with the following command: vcall gotomap. Now normally you bind it so it goes to a certain map right? Well i have found a way that you can press your bind and you just hve to type the map. Now how do you do that? Its really easy!

Make a bind but instead of adding the map you want you do this: bind key "commandmode vcall gotomap"

Thats it! Ofcourse it also works with other commands like: bind key "commandmode fov" and many others. If you have questions about this just contact me Smile

vega

Last edited by vega on Mon Jun 29 2015, 16:34; edited 3 times in total
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

[Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds Empty Re: [Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds

Post by Avallac'h Sat Mar 22 2014, 14:34

I allready make a bind for different fov cause i play with all fov. Very Happy And it's really pratic.

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

[Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds Empty Re: [Quick Tip] A fun thing to use for some of your binds

Post by vega Sat Mar 22 2014, 14:35

haha you also do it with commandmode?

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Sat Mar 22 2014, 14:38

i make in userbind 24 "fov 110; sensitivity 1.9" and on userbind 25 "fov 130; sensitivity 2.1". You just have to associate the userbind to a key on setting and it's ok i can change the fov during the game.

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Sat Mar 22 2014, 15:56

well true but the commandmode only requires 1 key Wink

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Sun Mar 23 2014, 15:03

That means that i can change fov and sensitivity with only one key (for example X) ????

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Sun Mar 23 2014, 15:54

well they only dissadvantage is that you have to still type a number after it :p

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Mon Mar 24 2014, 19:18

ok i must search something to change two senttings in one userbind cause me, the fov changes but not the sens.

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Mar 24 2014, 19:43

What exactly you wanne do and how many different sens & fov?

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Tue Mar 25 2014, 10:16

this is something i've been wondering about for some time, i found something in here but it's not what i want.

my idea would be to bind an increase in sensitivity and fov to the zoom key.

so you zoom but u don't really feel the difference, except that u see from close range.
of course u'd need to reset this when u stop zooming, or have a persistent zoom like xonotic, that requires u to click zoom again to zoom out.

i hope i've been clear enough.
got any suggestions?
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Tue Mar 25 2014, 10:56

I have 2 suggestions you do the first one requires pressing twice like in xonotic (in xon you can also just get the one from nexuiz), here's an example:

bind key "toggle fov 110 70; toggle sensitivity 4.8 2.2"

I've made a little video so you can see what it does (sorry for the big size its a raw fraps video which is HUGE):

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf0stzprdog3iv9/nexuiz%202014-03-25%2010-36-43-52.avi

The order i think should actually be reversed so like this:

bind key "toggle fov 70 110; toggle sensitivity 2.2 4.8"

But that doesn't really matter cause if you do it as i did in the video you just have to press the first time you do it twice to zoom in i believe but after that its just 1 to zoom in and 1 to zoom out. If you wish you can even add more values so that you can have a normal zoom and if you press again it zooms in even more but i dont really suggest that cause then you always have to press it past the ultra zoom even if you just wanted the first.

Now the second suggestion depends on what you want, do you want that zooming has same sensitivity as normal aiming but just closer? if closer is the case its easy you just change your cl_zoomfactor if you want other sensitivity thats allready a bit more tricky but i would suggest you try out cl_zoomsensitivity and put that to 1 i'm not sure what it does cause i've never tried it but it only has a value of 1 and 0. Maybe an other thing youc ould try is something i found while searching for zoom stuff that i also never have tried or that i understand what it really does but i guess you could give it a shot:

seta cl_velocityzoom 0 "velocity based zooming of fov, negative values zoom out"

The 0 only means that its disabled as default Wink

If those dont work or i've understand you wrong maybe we can talk on fb or irc so you can give me feedback on my suggestions much quicker.

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Tue Mar 25 2014, 11:32

bind key "toggle fov 110 70; toggle sensitivity 4.8 2.2"
this actually works great, i just have different values.
but, what i'd love to do is to bind it to MOUSE3, which is the key i use to zoom, so is there an additional command i can bind to something like:
bind key "toggle fov 110 70; toggle sensitivity 4.8 2.2; zoom 0 1" ?
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Tue Mar 25 2014, 11:34

if not i'll need to use the scroll, but that's a bit "intricate"
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Tue Mar 25 2014, 11:44

You wish to use zoom 0 1 then to bind it on your MOUSE3? i think if you just do: bind MOUSE3 it should bind it on there. Or what do you wish to do with that zoom 0 1 part?

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Tue Mar 25 2014, 11:50

nevermind! i don't need to use any bind, all i needed to do was change
cl_zoomsensitivity
cl_zoomfactor
cl_zoomspeed

i tried a lot of combination and i found one that allows me not to notice any difference in sensitivity when i zoom, and the speed is now close to instant, so thanks a lot for the help!
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Tue Mar 25 2014, 11:57

Hehe no problem if you need anything again just let me know Smile

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Fri May 16 2014, 02:22

what's the command you use to bind the nickname change?
i just found this interesting list of doctors: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_number_of_victims#Medical_professionals_and_quacks
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by neXus Fri May 16 2014, 07:48

bind key "name yourname"
neXus
neXus

Back to top Go down

Post by umbra Fri May 16 2014, 16:47

no more binds for me lol sometimes i even find binds i don't know of cause you put them in when you played on this pc, vega Very Happy but it's a nice tip Wink
umbra
umbra
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Mon May 26 2014, 20:19

thanks nexus, but i was wondering about what vega once showed me, he had a long list of nicks, and clicking a key would set the next nick in the list.
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon May 26 2014, 20:59

doctor_x wrote:he had a long list of nicks, and clicking a key would set the next nick in the list.

Aha! That has actually nothing to do with the name cvar Very Happy To do that you have to do this:

bind key "toggle _cl_name name1 name2 name3...namex"

So in an example that would be:

bind n "toggle _cl_name element-vega element-pat!ence element//vega"

This brings me to a huge disadvantage of this bind...You can't use spaces in your names because then it will count both parts as 2 different names

The command will cycle through from 1 untill x but if you got an other name that isn't in the list it will start again from 1 so thats something to keep in mind!

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool Wed Jul 02 2014, 15:00

How bind a zoom factor ? (yeha, noob sentence of the day x))

Storm
AngeBabaCool
AngeBabaCool

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Thu Jul 03 2014, 11:34

AngeBabaCool wrote:How bind a zoom factor ? (yeha, noob sentence of the day x))

Storm

with toggle: bind key "toggle cl_zoomfactor value1 value2 value3..."

without toggle: bind key "cl_zoomfactor value"

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool Thu Jul 03 2014, 11:37

ok, fine thanks

Abc
AngeBabaCool
AngeBabaCool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down