eLeMenT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P Empty Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P

Post by S&CO. Sun Aug 26 2012, 23:47

Oy Bros Very Happy

Here's some of my music tastes,
I'm mostly focused on electronic music, especially chiptune, electro and real dubstep, not the mainstream one.
I do enjoy as well pop, rock, rap, funk, metal, as long as it's not folk or country music Razz
oh, and sure, japanese music, rock and pop, better if there's electronic music in, electrorock or electropop Smile

So the main artists i like:
Lain Trzaska
Trash80
Smiletron
80Kidz
Yuksek
Daft Punk
YMCK
lots more...

For example, one i was listening while playing today ^^ it's peaceful to play with and having laser shots around Laughing

Trash80 - Within Time WEEKLYBEATS

I do spend some of my time on FL Studio and Ableton to compose some music:

Here are two music i produced, whether you find it nice or not, i'd love to have your 2cents on it Razz

Hope you enjoy Wink
See y'all soon bros Very Happy

Scored<-x~>Redge
S&CO.
S&CO.
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P Empty Re: Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P

Post by . . apnea . Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:29

you should try and sign with ed bangers.

oh and my 2 cents thing..

i find it a bit in the house electro scene. kinda like daft punk in their old days back in ed bangers and one album after.
your first track shows that you have the potential to produce more complex tracks. you should also try to fill your tracks with some of the ninja tunes sounds. since you like japanese music if you try to make your own music influenced by those two teams i think you d do something great.

the genre of your tracks is not my area but i like it. dunno much about it so i cant get technical.
i also think that your 2nd track was totally produced in fl but if not then there is a problem cause your first track is great masterwise and your 2nd is flat. maybe your freqs are mixed up but professionally you cant put those two in one ep.

. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P Empty Re: Scored_Redge's music tastes brought to this thread :P

Post by . . apnea . Mon Aug 27 2012, 09:50

oh and what do you mean real dubstep?
im asking cause you were 9 when that thing existed Razz
but k even now its real dubstep but its more evolved.
its more electronish sound
. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by S&CO. Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:04

haha thanks Wink , i think i've to improve myself way more before expecting to sign with a label like Ed Bangers =)
and being compared with Daft Punk is an honor, i'm not deserving it Razz
I've done the second track in FL as well but i didn't know much about mastering when i did it.
The equalizer and mastering in the first track is more accurate indeed =)
I'm currently working on two song projects that are in the way you describe,
Trying to mix my two main influences, it sounds like a blend of electro house, chiptune and japanese music.

So far, i know a couple of artist with this style of blend, like Lain Trzaska about electrohouse:

and Higedriver about japanese chiptune:

that's a glimpse about what i mainly listen in my main music influences Very Happy

about real dubstep i meant of course DJ Hatcha and Kode9 Wink that are to me, the pioneers of dubstep.
Nowadays, people listening to mainstream dubstep would say it's underground stuff and
most of them wouldn't even recognize... sadly

What i was listening when i was 9 wasn't about dubstep or japanese stuff, but i was already into electronic music ^^

Here's a couple of the things i listened way back in my childhood (and still listening too sometimes) Smile

Of course this Wink

and i used to listen to this also hahaha

ahhhh memories Surprised lol

I'm curious about your music area . . apnea. could you tell me about it Cool

Scored<-x~>Redge

Last edited by Scored<-x~>Redge on Mon Aug 27 2012, 18:52; edited 1 time in total
S&CO.
S&CO.
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Aug 27 2012, 13:30

Haha nice Smile its not my style but not bad Wink

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [Freak]inger Mon Aug 27 2012, 17:37

To lazy, to click on the playbutton Very Happy

Freak
[Freak]inger
[Freak]inger
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Aug 27 2012, 18:16

;o how rude.. Wink

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S&CO. Mon Aug 27 2012, 18:50

haha it's ok Razz up to you to check out this playlist Very Happy
maybe you gonna check it later who knows haha ^^

Scored<-x~>Redge
S&CO.
S&CO.
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Aug 27 2012, 20:47

He has to otherwise i kick his ass in nexuiz Very Happy nah joking Smile
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Mon Aug 27 2012, 20:55

kode9 is not the pioneer.
actually the first dubstep sound came in 1998 from the genre grime and 2 step garage.
also dub fx kinda experimented with those sounds.
but the pioneers are poducers such as El-b i think burial etc. dont really remember lots right now.
to be honest the best way to understand dubstep is to run back to the players days and start listening oldschool stuff.

i am telling you this cause i was there when dubstep appeared. i also listened the first radio show about dubstep by ann hobbs.
kode9 is one of the first ones but not the pioneer.

my music area is techno. I did live productions in england and greece. meaning dj but with my own home made loops and 4 decks.
i got the same setup as hawtin Razz

i also did some dubstep lives in england but not in clubs. one was in bradford in an abandoned building but didnt go well cause the police came Razz
and one in a forest near leeds.

about daft punk. everyone is human and exactly like you. if you dont realise that then you are fucked.
having idols and making people big as gods etc is for people without brains and without any creativity. trust me.
you can sign there if you want to and if you fail try again.
i failed so many times and i still fail. but some day ill make it.. i hope if i dont then so be it. but still i dont have any idols . its me with my own path in my own world and everybody else can do what ever they want.

i had many sets online but the team i made just colapsed so i changed my moniker and everything. even my style a bit so i have nothing to show. also that happened 2 years ago so even if i had everything was shit.

i only have this one.

http://soundcloud.com/hangnem/mecha

its not a great track but i mix it pretty well and sounds kinda ok mixed Razz
im currently working (well not now but from september) with an ep (2tracks) ill might call it objects or textures.
its more experimental technoish. not like mecha. mecha is more the clubing song.

my influences are:

. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by [Freak]inger Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:05

I read it all, and understand nothing really Very Happy
Well, thats simply a topic i can't talk about Razz

Freak
[Freak]inger
[Freak]inger
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:14

Ok now i am the lazy one ;p

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:35

what do you mean?
you didnt understand my english?
. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Aug 27 2012, 21:44

Your english is perfect Smile

V
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [Freak]inger Mon Aug 27 2012, 22:24

i didnt understand what you're talking about Very Happy
The english is very good.

Freak
[Freak]inger
[Freak]inger
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by S&CO. Mon Aug 27 2012, 23:02

Hahaha that sounds awesome Very Happy, both your story and your song influences ^^

I think my knowledge about the history of dubstep doesn't go back to the roots since I wasn't old enough to dive in,
as you cleverly noticed Wink

Yet i can enjoy much more old and genuine dubstep than most of the new ones Razz
What i'm mostly criticizing in nowadays mainstream dubstep, (though there are few excellent original dubstep artists),
it's the lack of creativity from one side, and the redundance of the same dubstep patterns in different songs, whether it's the same artist, or another one. The main goal of dubstep on my mind is to create a unique pattern in each new song.
So when i hear the same wubwubwub (with the same intensity, same bpm), from a song to another one,
it somehow pisses me off.. Laughing

Your setup is impressive Shocked and the sets you realized in UK and Greece must've also been this way if they're equal or greater to the set i heard from your soundcloud Wink
Hope you hadn't got troubles with cops x) Some DJ friends and I got in deep shit 2 years ago at some rave event Rolling Eyes
So, I know that feel x)
Too bad i cannot hear more of your sets lost with the collapse of the team :/

You're absolutely right about idols, that's just a stupid mind of people to bash themselves thinking they are unable to reach such goals or levels.

I'm interested in experimental electronic music because i don't know clearly the beyond of such music genre.
To me, it actually sounds like something halfway between ambient music, industrial, and various other stuffs from different genres of electronic music.

So it's definitely something i'm going to discover further and enjoy listening =)

In the tracklist of your influences, i especially loved "Black Asteroid", i'm adding it to my smartphone playlist Wink

Scored<-x~>Redge
S&CO.
S&CO.
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Tue Aug 28 2012, 00:05

well the old dubstep is what you described. same wobble base and same everything.
new dubstep is new cause its diffrent from the old so its different Razz
if you start listening some old school stuff you ll start noticing great things in the new dubstep thing.

on soundcloud that wasnt a set. that was a production i made. the voice is mine Razz but with effects and stuff.

ill send you some stuff but now im tired.
. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Tue Aug 28 2012, 00:14

. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Tue Aug 28 2012, 00:39

. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Tue Aug 28 2012, 06:13

History of dubstep and apnea his career as dj and music tastes

V
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S&CO. Wed Aug 29 2012, 10:01

Damn Shocked
Smile i love those songs, how does it come i don't know them ?
I didn't know i was miles away from songs i could like Surprised

hahaha thanks for bringing it there Wink

Scored<-x~>Redge
S&CO.
S&CO.
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Wed Aug 29 2012, 20:36

you are more than miles away from songs you could like. trust me!
all it takes is research research research
. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Wed Aug 29 2012, 21:09

And illegal downloads Very Happy

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by . . apnea . Wed Aug 29 2012, 23:35

i always buy music. except some random albums
. . apnea .
. . apnea .
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Thu Aug 30 2012, 07:31

Wow thats rare Surprised ur the only one i know who does that

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next