eLeMenT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DM 1vs1

4 posters

Go down

DM 1vs1 Empty DM 1vs1

Post by Avallac'h Thu Jan 23 2014, 00:32

One player asked me to train him to become better in DM 1vs1. I know, the eLeMenT clan is more a CTF clan than a DM clan but I would like to share this training. Before the exercises you have to make particular settings ! First, you must make as your preference the FOV (Field Of View). You can find it on Multiplayer menu > Player setup and it’s on the top right-hand corner. If you want to have a good aim take a little FOV (as 60 ; 70 ; 80 ; 90 and 100) and if you want to see your enemy long time before take a big FOV ( as 110 ; 120 ; 130). After, you have to adjust the sensitivity. You can find it on Settings menu > Input and it’s on the top right-hand corner. Your sensitivity must be strong when you search your enemy and slow when you want to shoot. When you did those settings, you can begin to train. I made two kinds of training : one with a bot and one with another player.
With a bot :
- Do some games with difficulty levels different, begin with a botlike, beginner …
- After do some games with a handicap : let the godlike bot kills you 5 times and play after, 10 times, 15 times, 20 times and 25 times.
With another player (aim update) :
- The player moves and you try to shoot
- The player moves faster and you try to shoot
- The player begins to play with a bad aim
- The player plays with a better aim
- The player plays for really
- You play with a handicap

If you want you can do this training without crosshair. For that you go on Multiplayer menu > Player setup and you make Crosshair alpha : 0. I think it's good because after, you can shoot fastly without need to use your crosshair and when you need it you can use it ! Very Happy But if you won't i don't force you ! Wink

Avallac'h

Last edited by Avallac'h on Fri Jan 24 2014, 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

DM 1vs1 Empty Re: DM 1vs1

Post by vega Thu Jan 23 2014, 09:45

Hehe this is exactly how i train for normal weapons mode Very Happy

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Thu Jan 23 2014, 17:38

I think this training is available for all modes ! Very Happy

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Thu Jan 23 2014, 18:18

haha yes i know Smile but fighting botlike is no use because you win every time xD

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Fri Jan 24 2014, 17:35

Yes you are right ! Very Happy

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Fri Jan 24 2014, 19:45

Avallac'h wrote:
If you want you can do this training without crosshair. For that you go on Multiplayer menu > Player setup and you make Crosshair alpha : 0. I think it's good because after, you can shoot fastly without need to use your crosshair and when you need it you can use it ! :DBut if you won't i don't force you ! Wink

I still think its useless to do this xD

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaughter Fri Jan 24 2014, 19:56

Avallac'h , can you train me when you have time ? I play better without crosshair(at dm not in ctf) .
Slaughter
Slaughter

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Sat Jan 25 2014, 14:14

When i can yes, i always have my mother to keep me at work ! Wink
Vega wrote: Avallac'h wrote:
If you want you can do this training without crosshair. For that you go on Multiplayer menu > Player setup and you make Crosshair alpha : 0. I think it's good because after, you can shoot fastly without need to use your crosshair and when you need it you can use it ! :DBut if you won't i don't force you ! Wink

I still think its useless to do this xD
I think it depends of players, i think it's just a preference ! But to me it was very good when i did that ! Very Happy

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Sat Jan 25 2014, 22:50

Avallac'h,

How do u do these settings? Mouse accelerator?

Your sensitivity must be strong when you search your enemy and slow when you want to shoot.

My system hangs on that... dono why
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Sun Jan 26 2014, 10:34

You can bind sensitivity changes to keys i believe but i dont know the exact command. If you wish i can look it up

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Sun Jan 26 2014, 14:07

It's a preference kwakkie, if you want, next time i see you, we go on ND#3 and i tell you (this server cause we can see the fov) ! Very Happy

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Sun Jan 26 2014, 18:32

Ah yes sensitivity combined with low fov = crazy sensitivity, with high fov = slow but the difference isn't so big. If you want different sensitivities i'd suggest binding sensitivity change to a key and just use zoom key to see closer but i think in dm its not needed to zoom because of smaller maps and more counting on things like sound and spawnpoints to locate opponent(s)

Vegi
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Avallac'h Sun Jan 26 2014, 22:56

The zoom is needed on DM but not always : first it depends of the map, second it depends of your fov. If you have 130 (as me) you need it sometimes but if you have 90 you don't need it so much ! Very Happy Just for information : i have 130 in fov and 2.0 in sensitivity but i can change it with my mouse ! Very Happy

Avallac'h
Avallac'h
Avallac'h
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Sun Jan 26 2014, 22:58

sensitivity is different for every mouse so :/

vega
vega
vega