eLeMenT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help

3 posters

Go down

Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help Empty Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help

Post by neXus Mon Jul 20 2015, 17:38

This map is about the founders of eLeMenT and how it came into being and shaped into what it is today. One question though : who were the founders of eLeMenT so i can get to work? :p
neXus
neXus

Back to top Go down

Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help Empty Re: Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help

Post by vega Mon Jul 20 2015, 19:29

Waschbecki and myself started thinking about creating our own clan at the start of the summer 2012. At that time I was still in axg but as you know things were not going so well there. Eventually we created element the first of august of that same year after more problems started to happen in axg. One example of that is the argument between apnea and freeze or one of the plenty between myself and essi. I'm sure you are pretty familiar with those since you experienced them first seat...

After that, things went pretty fast and some axg members decided to join myself and waschi in this new clan. I believe those members were: neXus, Freakinger, Asgar and apnea. Tofik who was a trial for axg at the time also wanted to join but he made the change a while later after we were a bit bigger allready.

Element was ofcourse a new fish in a small pont and there was a lot of work to be done. I made it my goal to do as much for the clan as i could which i think i succeeded in untill this day (maybe a bit less now but that's because i got less time). But there are a few members who did a ton of work as well at start of element and for a long time after that. I'm talking about freakinger and you, neXus. I'm not saying the others did nothing but in my opinion these two members just did a lot more to help me and the clan over a longer period of time.

What happened in the next 3 years can be found by reading a ton of topics on our forum. You'll find a lot of good but also a few bad moments and descissions. However i feel like with now a few new members joining and an old timer and long time friend of me comning back, the clan is going in a good direction again. I hope soon more of us oldtimers will find the love again for Xonotic and element so we can develop the clan, Xonotic and the community even further.

Your nostalgic admin,

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help Empty Re: Making a map for VVVVVV. Need some help

Post by neXus Mon Jul 20 2015, 20:34

Thank-a you so nice for nicely explaining everything that happened so as to create eLeMenT! This adds more detail to the storyline Wink
And yes. That love for Xonotic is coming. :hue:
neXus
neXus

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Jul 20 2015, 20:42

neXus wrote:Thank-a you so nice for nicely explaining everything that happened so as to create eLeMenT! This adds more detail to the storyline Wink
And yes. That love for Xonotic is coming. :hue:

If you need even more detail feel free to ask i'm sure i can find topics about arguments in axg somewhere... xD

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Mon Jul 20 2015, 21:07

Nice piece of history Vega!!

Let vega's post be obligatory reading for all members!!!

I am really glad too, to see the blood is pumping in this nice clan, and feel that we can now say that we have survived the switch to xono. Myself, I have had moments of doubt that element would survive, as we were close to dead, not so long back in nexuiz.

I really want to thank ABC and Termi but later also Dr.X and Day for supporting me during the switch to xono.

Others followed, thx for that too, including the rejoin of Vega after that, and now Nexus.

Kwakkie

Last edited by Kwakkiezalf on Mon Jul 20 2015, 22:05; edited 3 times in total
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Jul 20 2015, 21:54

Kwakkiezalf wrote:Nice piece of history!!

Let this be obligatory reading for all members!!!

I am really glad to see the blood is pumping in this nice clan, and feel that we can now say that we have survived the switch to xono. Myself, I have had moments of doubt that element would survive, as we were close to dead, not so long back in nexuiz.

I really want to thank ABC and Termi but later also Dr.X and Day for supporting me during the switch to xono.

Others followed, thx for that too, including the rejoin of Vega after that, and now Nexus.

Kwakkie

Yes there are many people to be thanked over the course of these 3 years, i limited myself in my earlier post to the very start. I think we all know the contribution of people like you kwakkie, abc, termi, dr.x, schocky,.... Smile

Vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Mon Jul 20 2015, 22:11

I made some small edits to my post earlier vega, just to be sure my intention is not misread. It was not my attention to draw any attention away from the founding story (sorry if it did), of which i think it's great to read. While ready the history, it just brought up some of the bad time and i too got nostalgic on the shorter history.

cheers,

Kwakkie
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon Jul 20 2015, 22:42

Kwakkiezalf wrote:I made some small edits to my post earlier vega, just to be sure my intention is not misread. It was not my attention to draw any attention away from the founding story (sorry if it did), of which i think it's great to read. While ready the history, it just brought up some of the bad time and i too got nostalgic on the shorter history.

cheers,

Kwakkie

Oh no i didnt mean you tried that i just wanted to point out why i didnt say thanks to people like yourself in my earlier post eventhough some of you did many good things to for this clan! I just limited myself to the very beginning Smile

V
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neXus Wed Jul 22 2015, 22:05

this is it, guys!
after 2 days of figuring out how to make scripts for this game and building a simple core map around which everything is going to revolve, i'm finally proud to show you the introduction to eLeMenT : The Movie! (once again, thanks for the name, Kwakkie!! )
neXus
neXus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down