eLeMenT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restructure the forum

4 posters

Go down

Restructure the forum?

Restructure the forum I_voti1382%Restructure the forum I_voti12 82% 
[ 9 ]
Restructure the forum I_voti1318%Restructure the forum I_voti12 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Restructure the forum Empty Restructure the forum

Post by vega Sat May 23 2015, 10:02

I was looking at our forum today and i realised how many sections we have for different stuff. In my opinion we could be as effective with a lot less sections. The new structure would be as followed:

Announcements

Applications
Funwars

Server

Trial descussions
Clan matters
Leaving element

Questions and help
Development for nexon
Spam

If you wish this to happen vote yes in the poll above, if not vote no.

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Restructure the forum Empty Re: Restructure the forum

Post by Kwakkiezalf Sat May 23 2015, 11:28

yeh,

vega, what about the admin section? we keep it as it is?

kwakkie
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_x Sat May 23 2015, 12:32

I'm not sure if this would actually help, it seems like a lot of work for you guys, I say leave it as it is.
doctor_x
doctor_x
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Sat May 23 2015, 12:41

Dr.X

I think that the work should not be the reason not to do it. Some of the strings also cause a lot of work to maintain.

Like , when someone applies, the string is in application, but once it's accepted it is moved. This can be done easier.

kwakkie
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool Sun May 24 2015, 15:06

Hey,

I think we can delete or add sections but the new organisation has many thing that will miss. I think that the old one is more complete.

I didn't vote yet, if u want to modify or propose or change something with the proposed plan.

See you soon. !
AngeBabaCool
AngeBabaCool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Sun May 24 2015, 18:39

Hey Baba,

U back? Missed u for a while. Will u be playing again? Did u find some new spirit?

kwakkie
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by vega Mon May 25 2015, 11:28

AngeBabaCool wrote:Hey,

I think we can delete or add sections but the new organisation has many thing that will miss. I think that the old one is more complete.

I didn't vote yet, if u want to modify or propose or change something with the proposed plan.

See you soon. !

Well our forum is pretty complete right now that's true but it makes things really confusing. I see things posted in the wrong section often enough and having to move everything each time is just annoying for me. Same goes for the trialstring as kwakkie said.

Maybe if i make the reason for deleting certain sections a bit more clear you'll understand better what i mean:

Other news and announcements can be in one section in my opinion. Other news is mainly used to say happy b-day to forumusers but that can also go in spam or announcements. Besides when it's a users b-day (s)he always gets a private message from me Wink

The next stuff you might have noticed that is gone in the new plan is the 'say hi!' section and results section. I'm not 100% sure yet if i want to leave 'say hi' out of the new layout because it's kinda fun that new users give some information about themself. As for the results of applications, they will just be posted in the applications section. This gives kwakkie and I a lot less work each time a new member joins.

All server related sections have been merched into one server section in the new layout. I did this because most sections we have for the server are not even used. Possible i'll use announcements or sticky messages to still display the banlist, the rules and the status. Every other topic that is created by users there can be server descussion related.

The member area also gets a rework going from 4 to 3 sections. As you might notice inactivity and clan problems will be gone and only leaving element has been added. In my opinion clan problems are also clan matters so they can be merched into one. As for the inactivity, in my opinion it doesn't get used as often as it should so why keep it? If members wish to specify why they are inactive they can always post that in the clan matters section since it's also clan related.

The offtopic is also reduced to only 3 sections for a few simple reasons. Mapping is fun but there is also other new development that some users might want to share, thats why it can be posted, in the new layout, in development of nexon (nexuiz and xonotic). As for the music section, this can be considered spam as well so it can just be posted there.

You also might wonder where things like screenshots and such will go since that's a fun thing to share. I will most likely add a gallery to the forum where all screenshots can be added. Not only makes it stuff a lot easier to find (otherwise you had to look in topics) but it just looks better to Smile

And guys DON'T WORRY, every topic created will be SAVED and MOVED to one of the new sections. This will give me a lot of work but that's fine because it will pay of in the end Smile

vega
vega
vega
Admin
Admin

https://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kwakkiezalf Mon May 25 2015, 14:28

I say YEH!!!

Kwakkie
Kwakkiezalf
Kwakkiezalf
eLeMenT Friend
eLeMenT Friend

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool Tue May 26 2015, 10:48

Okay, i hadn't understood it like that.
I let you guys do, i'm fine with all.

Kwakkie, i play sometime but not regulary. But the feeling come back.

AngeBabaCool
AngeBabaCool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down