Server update 14-08-2018

Go down

Server update 14-08-2018

Post by vega on Tue Aug 14 2018, 13:56

Dear element members

Thanks to kwakkie I was able to get back into the server config and start working on some updates. Yesterday we spend a few hours adding my new ideas and removing some settings. So for sure a huge thanks to kwak for taking the time to do this with me!

**UPDATES**
- max players on the server has been reduced from 24 to 16 players
- max players actually playing on the server has been reduced from 20 to 12
- The flag return time has been lowered from 25 to 15 seconds
- The flag does not return instantly anymore when dropping into space. Instead it takes 5 seconds for it to be returned. This is more in line with the old nexuiz settings.
- Passing the flag has been made easier
- The flag drop punishment where you can't drop the flag for 30 seconds if you drop it too much has been removed (finally)
- There is no instant respawn anymore, instead it's 1 second again. This to make it more in line with the older nexuiz config
- The amount of maps to vote on for the next game have been reduced from 12 to 9 maps
- The scores for each action in ctf have been changed to get them more in line again with the old nexuiz scoring system (note that it's still a little lower than on our old nexuiz server):
Code:
g_ctf_score_capture from 20 to 50 (in nexuiz 90)
g_ctf_score_capture_assist from 10 to 20
g_ctf_score_kill from 7 to 15 (in nexuiz 25)
g_ctf_score_penalty_drop from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 10)
g_ctf_score_penalty_returned from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 0)
g_ctf_score_penalty_suicidedrop from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 10)
g_ctf_score_pickup_base from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 10)
g_ctf_score_pickup_dropped_early from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 10)
g_ctf_score_pickup_dropped_late from 2 to 10 (in nexuiz 10)
g_ctf_score_return from 3 to 15 (in nexuiz 10)
- The refire of the primary shot has been reduced from 0.8 to 0.6
- The refire of the secondary shot has been reduced from 0.7 to 0.6
- The ammo start amount has been increased from 69 to 100
- The ammo drop amount has been increased from 10 to 20
- Buffs are now disabled
- The glowtrail of the flag has been re-enabled
- The player crush option has been disabled
- The commands crazypoints_on and crazypoints_off have been removed
- A tournament mode has been added (vcall tournament_on and vcall tournament_off):
Code:
g_warmup 1
g_chat_nospectators 2
sv_vote_nospectators 2
sv_showspectators 0
g_superspectate 1
- The mute command has been fixed (vdo mute #playerid and vdo unmute #playerid)
- There is now a command to enable autocapture (vcall autocapture_on and vcall autocapture_off)
- There is now a command to turn glowtrail off (vcall glowtrail_on and vcall glowtrail_off)
- There is now a command to force a player to spectate (vdo movetospec #playerid)
- There is now a command to force a player to a certain team (vdo movetored #playerid and vdo movetoblue #playerid)
- There is now a command to force all players to spectate (vdo allspec)
- There is now advertisement every 10 minuts for the forum, irc, discord and the pickup discord
- Most public commands (so not master commands) now say what they do. For example if somebody enables speedcap it will say: speedcap mode is now enabled. Please vote normalcap to get back to normal CTF.
- Rocketminsta has been added as an option. If people enjoy this a lot it might be removed as an option and used as the default setting. Current rocketminsta settings are:
Code:
g_rm_damage 75 --> bodyshot does 75 damage
g_rm_force 300 --> how much primary shot shoot you or the enemy back
g_rm_laser_damage 45 --> how much damage all lasers do (there are 3 in total so every laser does 25 damage)
g_rm_laser_refire 0.6 --> how fast you can refire your secondary fire
g_rm_laser_force 750 --> how much force all laser do (there are 3 in total so every laser has 250 force)
g_rm_laser_spread_random 1 --> the patern of the 3 lasers is random
g_rm_laser_rapid 0 --> those who playd rocketminsta in Nexuiz know that if you kept pressing secondary fire it would start shooting 1 laser at a time. This sadly has to be disabled here because there is a bug where that 1 laser has waaaay to much force
g_vampirehook 1 --> this will allow you to do 5 damage per second to the enemy if you hook them. Meanwhile you'll heal 2.5 health per second.

Hope you guys enjoy this update! Feel free to give me some feedback on how everything works and if you'd like to see certain things different.

vega

Last edited by vega on Tue Aug 14 2018, 18:22; edited 6 times in total

vega
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://element-nex.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Server update 14-08-2018

Post by AngeBabaCool on Tue Aug 14 2018, 18:15

why 12 players playing as the maximum?
for flag drop in space, 5 secs is looong what about 3? wasn't it nexuiz time?
about point system, what about g_ctf_score_kill giving 12 points? like that 4 fckills -> 48, you are close to an equivalent of a capture point but need a 5th to get ahead while with 15, 3 fckiclls -> 45 points with 4 you are ahead of 10 points compared to one cap
I think to many points should be lower, keepin
g in mind the 50 points of a cap, a fckill + returns gives 20 points, many points are set as nexuizs ones but the cap is near the half

impatient to test the rocketminsta Very Happy

🔤's incomming !

Back to top Go down

Post by vega on Tue Aug 14 2018, 18:32

AngeBabaCool wrote:why 12 players playing as the maximum?
for flag drop in space, 5 secs is looong what about 3? wasn't it nexuiz time?
about point system, what about g_ctf_score_kill giving 12 points? like that 4 fckills -> 48, you are close to an equivalent of a capture point but need a 5th to get ahead while with 15, 3 fckiclls -> 45 points with 4 you are ahead of 10 points compared to one cap
I think to many points should be lower, keepin
g in mind the 50 points of a cap, a fckill + returns gives 20 points, many points are set as nexuizs ones but the cap is near the half

impatient to test the rocketminsta Very Happy

I think if it's more than 6on6 it's not really fun anymore due to it getting really laggy for a lot of players.

The flag drop in space actually used to be waaay longer in nexuiz. In nexuiz it was the same as the drop on the ground so that would take a long ass time. Besides it allready starts counting once it starts falling, so in reality it's only like 2-3 seconds floating in space.

I see what you mean about the scores, but the reason I did it like this is to test first how people like a more capture oriented scoring system. In Nexuiz we had a huge focus on capping the flag (90 points), which would make attackers almost always on top of the scoreboard. If you check how i changed the current values, you'll see that the capping allready got a bigger influx of score compared to fc killing and such. So besides bringing back higher scores, I allready made it more attack oriented. In fact the way the scores are right now, it's a lot closer to the nexuiz point system than if we would use g_ctf_score_kill 12. In Nexuiz a cap would give you 3.6 times the score of an fc kill, with my score system it gives 3.33 times more. So only 0.27 difference. If we would use g_ctf_score_kill 12, it would be 4.17 times more for a cap than for an fc kill. If you would want to make it almost exactly like Nexuiz we would have to use g_ctf_score_kill 14 or so but that's nearly 15 anyway Wink I hope you understand what i mean... xD

vega

vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool on Tue Aug 14 2018, 20:20

sure, we need to give it a try anyway Smile

🔤's incomming !

Back to top Go down

Post by vega on Tue Aug 14 2018, 20:39

The return time of the flag in space has been reduced to 3 seconds Smile

vega

vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vega on Wed Aug 15 2018, 09:24

I added a new command: timeout. If you vcall this and the vote passes, the game will be paused for 20 seconds. I was a bit afraid adding this because some trolls might abuse it, but let's hope that doesn't happen. If it does then this command will be removed pretty fast xD

vega

vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AngeBabaCool on Wed Aug 15 2018, 11:22

damage text for RMMMMMMMMMM

🔤's incomming !

Back to top Go down

Post by vega on Wed Aug 15 2018, 12:35

AngeBabaCool wrote:damage text for RMMMMMMMMMM

It should be client sided to enable that, but the cvar is broken as far as i can find so far... So it's waiting on a fix to do this

Vega

vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pati.B on Thu Aug 16 2018, 12:07

Why would you want to pause the game?

Razz                                                                        

Rawwwww                                                                                                      Razz
Pati.B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vega on Thu Aug 16 2018, 13:13

Pati.B wrote:Why would you want to pause the game?

When i have to pee ormy pc crashes again? XD

Vega

vega
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: